Are you looking for recipe inspiration Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
As for the number of servings that can be served to make Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme adalah 6 servings. So make sure this portion is enough to serve for yourself and your beloved family.
Ojust for addition only, the time it takes to cook Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme estimated approx 240 mins.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme use 22 type of material and 13 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
Note: This recipe is a work-in-progress. I adapted from a German recipe, but the dough seems to come out too soft and sometime the custard might not get thick enough according to another person who cooked 🙁 I'll update this sometime soon [3/29/2016]nnThis is a German pastry loved by all 😉 The name means “Bee Sting” in German. Most German recipes use instant pudding, but in this recipe I've included how to make your own vanilla custard creme filling (you can double it if you love the super cream-filled kind!). You'll probably need a couple hours to make this so plan ahead.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme:
- — YEAST DOUGH —
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 60 ml warm water (1/4 cup)
- 60 grams butter, softened (4 Tbsp)
- 45 grams sugar (4 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120 ml milk, scalded (1/2 cup)
- 120 grams flour, first mix-in (1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 120-180 grams flour or more if needed, for second mix-in (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- — CUSTARD FILLING —
- 3 egg yolks
- 45 grams sugar (4 Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 150 ml milk -or- half heavy cream/half milk (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla -or- small piece of vanilla bean
- — ALMOND TOPPING —
- 60 ml milk (1/4 cup)
- 40 grams butter (2 1/2 Tbsp)
- 60 grams sugar (5 Tbsp)
- 4 tbsp sliced blanched almonds (35 g)
Steps to make Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme
- DOUGH: Combine butter, sugar and salt in a bowl. Scald milk (heat until right before it boils) and pour into bowl. Stir until butter has melts and every is mixed. Let cool to lukewarm temperature. Meanwhile, dissolve 2 tsp yeast in 60 ml (1/4 cup) warm water).
- Add 120 g (1 cup) flour and the yeast mixture to the bowl. Mix well and let sit in a warm place until it becomes bubbly.
- Whisk in 1 egg and 2 yolks. Gradually beat in 120-180 g (1/2 to 3/4 cup) flour until it's soft, light and smooth. You may need more or less flour depending on how wet the dough is.
- Knead the dough on floured surface until smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball and put back into bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-2 hours.
- After the dough has risen, lightly knead to push out the air. Place it on a baking sheet (greased or w/ parchment paper), and roll out into a circle or square about 4 cm (3/4 inch) thick. Cover and let rise again until doubled, about 30 min.
- TOPPING: Meanwhile, heat the 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk 40 g (2 1/2 Tbsp) butter and stir in 60 g (5 Tbsp) sugar and the slivered almonds. Simmer on low heat until mixture is smooth and milk has soaked in.
- Let it cool a bit and spread on dough once it has finished rising.
- BAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C for 25-30 min or until golden brown and glossy. Let cool on a rack. My dough got a little to big so I sliced off the extra edges… :/
- FILLING: While the cake is baking, make the filling. Beat 3 egg yolks with 45 g (4 Tbsp) sugar until thick and pale yellow. Lightly mix in about 1 1/2 Tbsp flour. Scald 150 ml (2/3 cup) milk. If using the vanilla bean, add it to the milk while scalding. (If using extract, you'll add later.)
- Very slowly pour the scalded milk into egg yolk mixture, stirring as you do.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat as soon as it reaches boiling point (but don't boil!!).
- If using the vanilla extract, add it now, or remove the bean. Let cool completely (you can brush w/ a little melted butter to help prevent skin from forming). Stir the custard before spreading on cake.
- When cake has cooled, cut in half to form two layers. Spread the bottom half with the vanilla custard filling and sandwich with the almond-y top half.
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Bienenstich Cake with Homemade Vanilla Creme which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!